Thursday, December 18, 2008

Cold, Rain and Snow

The way it's going it looks like we might end up with a white Christmas one way or another.

Through the end of this week there are two days it is not allowed to snow, Friday, the day of two important doctor appointments, and Sunday, the day of the planned Albert family Christmas get-together.

So far the weather dudes and dudettes are predicting snow for only two days, Friday and Sunday.

Grrrrrr.

Actually Friday is now looking like we'll have snow and sleet in the north of the state, but just rain down here in the south. You have to watch the weather people this time of year. They know people are starting to watch them more and they get a little over excited.

As far as Sunday goes, they're basing their predictions on a storm system that just dropped snow on Las Vegas. That's pretty far away. So we'll just have to watch that one.

I do have the four-wheel drive FJ sitting out back just ready to drive in this foul weather. But the doc won't let me drive just yet. I just sit in the house and stare at it, with my nose pressed up against the window.

I did sleep better last night, at least a little better. It wasn't a great sound sleep that left me feeling fresh and anew when I awoke. But it was better than the previous night.

The weird bump on the back of my head is driving me nuts. If the doc doesn't have plans for its removal come tomorrow's appointment, I'm going to introduce a few plans of my own. How about tying one end of a string to the bump and the other end to Freckles, and then have Susie enter the room and Freckles will tear up the stairs hopefully with weird bump in tow?

Well, I'll think of something. Sorry, I'm a cartoonist. lol

Today I'll organize my questions and my gameplan for the doctors tomorrow. I seem to be the only patient who comes in with a typed list of current medications, subjects to review, and plenty of questions. I usually print out two copies, one for me and one for the doctor. My family doctor always chuckles, and last time he said, "You know, everybody should do this."

All I know is if I didn't do it I would forget something. I've always thought that test results should be provided to patients before a visit, rather than during a visit. That way I would have time to review the test results myself and be more interactive with the doctor.

Some doctors act like your medical records and test results are private, not for you to see. They are private. And they are your property. You have every right to see them.

Well I'm going to go chase Freckles around and give him his morning exercise, probably wear us both out, then we'll both be sharing the bed for a little mid-day nap.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think your weekend sounds like a great plan. I hope the weather is in your favor. I feel your mother needs to be with you and Barb. I was with her last Fri night, and she is scared (if that’s the right word) as a mother would be, having a son and daughter-in –law going through what you both are going through. She has your dad, but it’s my understanding he does not understand everything. We all kind of walk around the subject, because we don’t want to make her cry.
John and I pray for you both every day. You have great faith and courage, we pray for a miracle that this new drug works for you.
Sounds like you also have a great step-daughter and son-in –law and can’t forget Freckles.
God Bless Jane Hain

Jim Albert said...

THANKS JANE!