Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The Un-Official Last Day of Summer

Summer stayed with us longer than usual this year. Here, well into October and we still have temperatures in the 80s. But I think this evening that's coming to an end for good and we can start preparing to bundle up a bit more.

Next week I look for a good start to the new season. I have an MRI of the brain scheduled for Monday. It will be the second MRI of the brain since the radiation treatments ended. We'll get the results come Wednesday when we'll meet with the oncologist.

The digestion has been especially unkind the past four or five days, and I've dropped another pound or two or three because of it. That didn't make me particularly happy. But I've upped my one medication a bit and it seems to be doing the trick.

It's such a balancing act.

As my one oncologist said, "As long as you're suffering from the side effects then we know the (chemo) drug is working."

Great! LOL

The eating has been good. It seems that smaller portions than usual are in order for me though. The stomach only seems to want to handle so much at one time. I've been trying to eat six small meals a day, which is no easy task. But my appetite is good.

Well Fall is in the air. Leaves are on the ground. I'm looking forward to starting a new season.

No comments: