Sunday, October 7, 2007

Random Thoughts

The Phillies played in the shadows of the New York Mets all year. They stepped out of the shadow into the spotlight on the 162nd game of the season. They didn't fare too well in the spotlight.

They put together a competitive team that was always fun to watch. I expect a lot of new faces in the pitching staff next year. And we'll go at it again.

Now who are we voting for?

Rasta Freckles meanwhile is shedding lots of large clumps of hair. It's a daily battle to keep up with the cat hair tumbleweeds rolling through the kitchen and living room. You can follow the groupings of hair clumps to learn which areas of the house Freckles most frequents.

Good 'ol Freckles, he's just laying by the back screen door secretly stalking the squirrels chasing each other in the yard, and the birds who land on the back porch. He'll study them in pounce position, not making a sound.

Barb has woke up and fell right into the kitchen this morning, making a big batch of chicken pot pie to try to fatten me up. She won't be happy until she puts 10 more pounds on me. I kinda' agree with her, but am hoping that the 10-pounds can come in muscle mass from exercising rather than 10-pounds in chicken pot pie weight.

But I do have to keep eating. It's a constant battle. Somedays are great. Some are terrible. Some foods go well. Some just don't. I've got a feeling that chicken pot pie is going to go just great. The smell is already filling the house and is going to be working up an appetite for both Freckles and I.

Alyssa and Charlie visited last evening, both still half in the Carribean and half back in Pennsylvania, both tanned and sun-baked. It was great to have them both home safe and sound. They were already talking about next year's planned trip to Disney World, and a future trip to the Caribbean.

It's a beautiful Sunday morning. Maybe I'll join Freckles at the back screen door watching the birds and squirrels.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was nice to see you guys! Even though I was having the time of my life..somehow I still missed you both...hahaha. I guess I will be seeing you tomorrow! take care, hope the pot pie worked out!

Love,
Alyssa

Anonymous said...

What do you mean..."hahaha"?

lol