Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Now We Wait

I had an MRI of the brain yesterday. It's a scheduled follow-up to the radiation treatments. I had my first follow-up MRI in July. At that time all the tumors had shrunk or disappeared except for two. Those two tumors were stable, the same size as they had been previously.

We should get the results of this MRI either tomorrow or at the latest on Thursday. I have no reason to be anything but positive. Anxiety is not going to get me anywhere.

The MRI went smooth. It's at least the sixth MRI I've had this year, so I'm an old pro at it. I listened to 30 minutes of Frank Sinatra's greatest hits, and it was over.

Freckles decided he wanted to "play" last night and suddenly attacked my hand (with little notice as usual) and he left me with a nice 2-inch scratch. I tried to snub him this morning, but he doesn't understand or remember. So I gave him fresh food and water this morning, but without the typical friendly social interaction we typically share. (shrugging shoulders) What are you going to do? He got scolded last night. But five minutes later he doesn't even remember. It's good to be a cat.

Today is back to business as usual. Barb's diving back into her bathroom renovation. I'm diving back into cleaning and organizing the basement. I've started a daily exercise regimen now and am dedicated to sticking with it. Soon I might even be as strong and fit as Barb!

No comments: