Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Prayers Answered and Passed Along

We'd like to thank everyone for their continued prayers and support. We have really felt the power and strength of all of you all around us as we've continued to fight this cancer. Yesterday's test results, I truly believe, are the result of the combined efforts of all of you. Thank you so much!

We didn't spend much time celebrating though yesterday . . .

First we got news that someone who Barb and I had worked with had lost his son. At 22 he had passed away from a heart condition. Our thoughts are with their whole family.

We were glad to hear news that Barb's Uncle had come through surgery to remove his lung because of cancer. We know that he'll have a difficult rehabilitation to go through and our thoughts are with him as he begins this journey.

Also, Barb's young nephew is fighting some early signs of asthma and experiencing some breathing problems (a tough thing for a two-year old). Our thoughts are with him and his parents as they continue to work to control and learn to live with this condition.

People often ask me how I keep such a positive attitude while I'm going through so much. There are lots of reasons, including the simple fact that a negative approach is of no help to me or anyone. But I am always thinking about all of the difficulties in the world, all of the suffering, all of the anquish. And in that light - what do I really have to complain about?

I believe I mentioned before that I really never pray for relief of my own malodies (it just doesn't feel right). So I pray for others, for strangers, for all those who are hurting. In turn I've been blessed by so many prayers from all of you. Thank you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jim you are awesome!

We should go out to dinner soon and celebrate!

love alyssa

Barbara Albert said...

Alyssa,
To me, I am blessed having had given birth to you and you are such a good person.

Love ya
Mom

Anonymous said...

When Barb called the Greenbriar with the good news, we were just starting to have the complimentary bottle of champagne. What a reason to celebrate and our thanks again to you both for the awesome gift.
The trip and the good news.

Love,
Mom

Jim Albert said...

Alyssa I'm just a big goofball doing the best that I can. And I'd be nothing without all of you guys.