Monday, October 22, 2007

Little Less Talking a Little More Action

I've spent the past few months thinking about all of the great things I wanted to do around the house.

There are the back decks which sorely need to be rebuilt. We want to replace the ground level deck with pavers.

There are the two small roofs which we like to have redone to match the large overall roof, which was recently done.

There is the small walkway between houses in the back where painting has to be finished, and some repairs done on some planks of the cedar siding and up along the eaves.

There are gutters that need to be cleaned.

A window in the front of the house needs to be installed.

The front doors must be fixed up with new hardware and painted.

I have a bit of tumbled marble tile to set in the master bathroom, and then that room can be checked off the list.

The entire basement needs to be taken to a yard sale or to a dump. Whatever is leftover needs to be organized and made sense of.

The backyard needs a Fall once over to prepare for Winter.

And then we just want to redo three living areas, one office area, two upstairs bedrooms and the laundry room, oh yeah, and the kitchen and the sunroom.

Now that I'm feeling like getting up and about, it's time for me to stop thinking and talking about all of these things, and it's time for me to start actually doing something about them.

It can be pretty boring stuff. But I guess it depends on the way you look at it. I take great joy in sitting back at the end of the day and looking back at what I've accomplished.

Now if I could just figure out where to start!

No comments: