Friday, October 26, 2007

Enjoying Doing More

Freckles is lying on his back swatting at a toy mouse on a string when suddenly he jumps to his feet in one move and takes off running through the kitchen, sliding around a turn into the studio, and eventually through the dining room and into the front office.

What would people think of me if I just suddenly jumped to my feet and started running? lol

Freckles' back is covered with clumped hair that exactly resembles lucky rabbits' feet. They've just started to fall now. He'll be in for a few more weeks of this odd annual shedding. The clumps make him so uncomfortable but you don't dare try to help him out and pull one or two off - he'll turn on 'ya.

The bright red and orange leaves are falling faster from the old grand Oak tree. The tree itself, if you laid it on its side, would be as large as our entire backyard. It will fill our yard in a sea of leaves.

After 8-weeks of no measurable rainfall we're now getting a good soaking. The rain has been steady through yesterday and continues this morning, and will continue through the weekend. The temperatures are ranging from the 40s to the 60s, keeping conditions fairly raw.

Barb and I are going to pop across the river this morning for breakfast at John Wright, in Wrightsville. We'll be meeting Barb's mother, sister, and daughter. I feel like I'm breaking into a secret meeting of the matriarchs - heeheehee. We'll enjoy a nice start to a rainy Friday, and I'll return full from breakfast ham and home fries.

Barb has almost finished painting the second bathroom, and really only has touch-ups to go. We need to get back out shopping so I can install a ceiling light and repair another. But the furniture will be going in soon. And the soap and shampoo can't be far behind.

If I can find where I left my tile nippers (I'm still organizing the basement) I can start the tiling in the master bathroom today. I just have one small area around the tub left and then that room is finished.

Everyday I try to keep pushing myself more and more. I know when to back off. But keeping busy even in the smallest of ways seems to help build more and more energy day-by-day.

No comments: