Monday, July 30, 2007

Weddings, Crazy Cats, Summer Days, and Still Working on the Rehab

Sorry we haven't "blogged" for a couple of days. We've gotten a bit caught up in preparing invitations for Alyssa and Charlie's upcoming wedding. We're in the home stretch now.

We've also been caught up in getting ready for Alyssa's wedding shower, which was yesterday. Sorry about having to lie to you Alyssa about everyone's whereabouts yesterday. I was under strict orders! lol Well I was! And thanks so much Debbie for making the party happen.

Freckles the cat did survive his visit from the vet, and was given a clean sheet of health. It was the first time we had the vet come to us, and it did make a big difference. The house call was much less stressful for Freckles, who just does not travel well at all.

There was no biting or scratching, no blood was shed, and between myself, Barb, the vet and his assistant, we were able to convince Freckles to submit to being weighed, and then examined.

Someone must have constructed a large dome over Marietta. Although we've been getting our share of summer showers as of late, they all seem to somehow magically miss Marietta. We've gotten plenty of thunder and lightning. Yesterday was the first morning storm this season that I remember. We woke up to all kinds of neat thunder and lightning, but ultimately, again, no rain.

I have an eerie feeling that one of theses days we're going to get all the rain at once.

Although I still deal with overall effects of the radiation, things continue to improve and strengthen.

The biggest challenge by far right now is definitely the nutrition. It's a bewildering thing for me really. I've just never had trouble eating before, and certainly have never experienced anything like this.

No matter what "real food" I try to eat, it just instantly makes me sick to my stomach. I've certainly lost some weight. And it's definitely reached a point of needing to be controlled and stopped here. We're bringing in some liquid protein supplements to try to at least ensure that minimum requirements are being reached. But it continues to be challenging.

I will say, though, that yesterday, for the first time in weeks, I tore into some food without hesitation or trepidation - the way I used to normally eat. It was a piece of carrot cake.

Time for me to wake Barb up with some coffee so I can get her to take me around town for a morning walk. It's Monday! We're off into another week!

No comments: