Saturday, July 7, 2007

Thinking About the Sunshine State

We had a great visit from the Forry family last night who is up from Florida for a family reunion. It was great to see Brian again, a lifelong friend, and it was nice to meet his wife treasure and his daughter Rhiananon (who does quite the impressive handstand, the budding gymnast).

Our thoughts are also in Florida this weekend as my aunt Martha Putnam is recovering from surgery. Warm wishes from Pennsylvania Muk!!! We certainly are thinking about you and wish you a strong and speedy recovery!!! We'll be checking in with you soon.

We pulled out the famous Albert stromboli last night, one mild (hamburger) and one wild (sausage). Although I was not able to eat any because of the lingering radiation effects, the rest of the crew seemed to dig into it enough to tell me that I haven't lost my touch in preparing it.

Alyssa and Charlie stopped by as well, so we had a full Friday night house. It was great having everyone over. I was pretty exhausted by the end of the night, and it made for one good night's sleep. But little by little the energy keeps coming back.

No comments: