Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Celebrity Sighting





Recently my wife Barb and my parents Paul and Alice met Uncle Fester from the Addams Family and took this picture!

Wait a second! That's not Uncle Fester! THAT'S ME!

Yep. That's me during the last week of radiation treatments. I'm all puffed up from the steroids (sure Barry Bonds has never taken steroids...jeesh), and my eyes are sunken and dark.

I've since lost the extra "puff" from the steroids. I hated those things. I don't understand how athletes could stand to take them.

And the eyes are much better than they were when this picture was taken.

Today's the first follow-up MRI. I remember a bit from Lance Armstrong's book, who himself still gets radiology scans once a year to check for cancer. He said that you can't walk around each day worrying about whether the cancer is returning or growing, you just live life like normal, and every now and then you take time to get checked out and worry just for that week.

Or as my one doctor said to me, "Go live your life. We'll check things out every now and then. Then you can open that Pandora's box and look inside. Then we'll close it and go back to living again."

I still can't believe my family met Uncle Fester!!! Wow!

No comments: