Saturday, October 24, 2009

(Sigh) It's the Weekend

For all those out in the working world, I'm sure Friday night doesn't come soon enough. After a week of hard work doing what you do you're ready for the weekend, a little rest, a little fun, a couple of days to call your own.

Boy am I ready for the weekend.

My tummy is a little sour this morning from medications. I have a very sore lump in the back of my throat from radiation. I'm feeling slow and lazy from radiation and medication. But, it is Saturday, and for once I don't have to go anywhere.

For once I don't have to go to the health campus and be stuck by needles. For once I don't have to go to the health campus and have radiation aimed through my spine and neck.

(Sigh) I never thought this weekend would come.

I have little planned for the weekend except relaxing and recuperating. Today English Premier League soccer is on all morning and college football is on all afternoon.

I can only eat things like chocolate pudding, apple sauce, and spaghetti. But it will have to do for now.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Freckles and I snuck a nap into the day together.

Barb and I were in the chemo treatment room yesterday when a gentleman walked in with a shirt that said "Cancer Sucks." I guess that pretty much sums it up.

No comments: