Monday, October 5, 2009

A Dedication to Grandma Grim

Yesterday, Sunday, October 4th, 2009 was even made more clear to me (even more so) how important she was in so many lives. A bench was dedicated in her honor just outside the New Bridgeville firehall. She has had such an impact on so many lives and in my opinion, this was a way she once again managed to bring her family together, which does not happen often enough.

One thing I definitely remember, is that she cooked all the time, it seemed as though everytime you were there, that is what she was doing. As kids we spent alot of time there, especially it seems during baseball season, since the field was so close by. But then again, we spent a ton of time with both sets of grandparents.

I know I mentioned yesterday that clearly all of Grandma's children, Aunt Joanne, Aunt Brenda, Dad, Uncle Rodney, and Uncle Mike, have all picked up Grandma's traits. Grandma was the type of person that never had an unkind thing to say about anyone. We all love her and miss her a great deal and I could go on and on, but I'm not going to.

She will forever be in our hearts.

4 comments:

Jim Albert said...

It was so great to see everyone yesterday. It was a very fitting tribute to a very deserving woman.

Anonymous said...

She lived her life giving to others,loving her family, friends and community. She lived what she believed.

RL Mom

Anonymous said...

What a fitting and special tribute to a very fine lady. Keep your good memories -- she sounds like a very true Christian. "I was content going about doing nothing until I met a man/women who went about doing good" -- a wonderful motto to live by. It seems Grandma Grim truly lived by those words. Love MOM

Brenda said...

I never realized how many lives she touched. I miss our mother/daughter talks about "life". Barbie thank you for your wonderful comments, you touched my heart.
Jim, I am addicted, I cannot start my day without first reading your blog!