Monday, January 12, 2009

Staying Warm and Busy

When high temperatures for the day just barely reach freezing I try to stay inside and warm as much as possible. This isn't related to my cancer, or treatments, I've just always despised the cold.

My winter is spent running from one warm place to another. There is no lingering, no stopping to enjoy the scenery, just running from one warm place to another.

This has always made winter time, for me, the most gloomy of the seasons. On top of that, this winter so far has been very gray and overcast.

So I've decided to work on making the inside of the house a little brighter and more cheery. After all there's not much I can do about that Pennsylvania January weather outside.

There is paint in the house and I am into it. We're brightening up some walls, creating more sense of light.

We're also cooking like two grandmas left loose in a farmer's market. There's all kinds of things coming out of our kitchen - including plenty of freshly baked bread.

It's all part of the plan to get through winter.

No comments: