Friday, January 30, 2009

Sleep

Last night, just like every night this week, I woke up around two a.m. and was wide awake.

I try my best to sneak downstairs without waking Barb up but boy are our steps squeaky. They seem to squeak even more when you're trying to walk with Freckles meandering around your feet.

I managed to be fairly quiet this morning, stirring Barbie a bit, but letting her fall back into her dreamland.

After about two-hours I successfully went back to bed. Something that hasn't happened most days this week.

It's the steroid. I need it to control the brain swelling from the radiation. I like the energy it gives me, the appetite, the weight I've been able to gain. But I'm not real thrilled about what it does to my sleeping patterns.

It's a difficult sensation to describe. But the steroid kind of leaves you artificially wired all the time, while in reality your body and mind are exhausted.

Once I finally pull off the steroid completely, hopefully in the next two-weeks, I'll probably just collapse with exhaustion for a day or two.

But I have to keep juiced through next week. Barb's birthday is next week and something always seems to happen at this time of year that impedes our ability to celebrate her birthday appropriately or as planned.

Barb's starting to walk around here all cocky and full of herself because she's going to be the same age as me for a couple of months. LOL

She already was more mature.

We're planning on going to the Catacomb's at Bube's Brewery in Mt. Joy. I've already decided that I'm getting the Chicken Costello.

Her birthday is on Thursday, the regular night that Alyssa and Charlie come over for dinner and a visit each week, so we're going to take them along. Alyssa's eyes will be the size of basketballs when she reads the menu and she'll order way too much...lol...she always does. And that's just fine. That's why we're going out and treating ourselves.

I'm very thankful that Alyssa and Charlie take the time out every Thursday to come over and visit us. It means a lot.

Even though Charlie doesn't like any vegetable but corn - those two are great kids...umm...young adults.

No comments: