Sunday, January 4, 2009

It's So Quiet

I sat on the bench in the master bathroom this morning with half a cup of coffee looking out through the leafless trees to the Susquehanna River.

The morning skies have been so gray lately. But this morning the sky was filled with nice blues and tangerines highlighting streaking puffy clouds.

It was so quiet. Not a bird, or a squirrel in the backyard. No traffic. No trains.

(sigh)

Every morning should start like this.

Barb's Diner is officially open for business this morning. I've placed an early order for a ham and cheese breakfast sandwich on an English muffin. She takes care of me so well. I'll have to be sure to leave bigger tips.

I try to be a little more inspired everyday. I've been debating getting back to exercising, at least the arms and torso. The doctor told me to lay off the legs for awhile, until the radiation on the hip has done its thing.

I may not be quite ready for spackling and painting. But I have been looking to pick the camera up more, and possibly even get back to some drawing.

The steroid I'm on right now leaves me with a constant appetite. I do feel like I could literally eat all day. Fortunately the Christmas cookies are virtually gone. Not that it has made much of a difference though. I am eating very well and have not gained a pound. The Ben and Jerry's ice cream with a brownie last night were delicious.

Well, here comes my breakfast sandwich now.

(I'm pretty sure the special tonight is Shrimp Alfredo with fresh made bread!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great wife you have -- she spoils you to no end. I think that is wonderful and our whole family is so grateful for Barb. She is a saint that is for sure. I can rest easier knowing that you are so well cared for.

I think I am also doing a great job spoiling Noelle. She tells us to jump and we ask how high. What a dog!!!

Thanks Barb for being the person you are and taking such good care of Jimmy. Love MOM