Saturday, January 3, 2009

Patience

Barb keeps telling me to just relax, settle down, let the medicine and radiation work, and let my body try to heal.

I'm not always the best with patience. But I know she's right.

I want to get up and do things, be busy, be active and feel a sense of accomplishment. But my body is being worked on by the new chemo, a strong steroid, and now radiation treatments too. So I can realistically only allow my body to do so much.

I'm trying to set reasonable goals. The goal for this weekend? Clean-up the Christmas decorations. If I get that done I'll be a happy camper and leave it at that.

This Wednesday they'll treat the one tumor in my brain. I'm very anxious to just get that over and done. Of all the places in my body, the brain was the place I did not want to see cancer return to.

Thursday I have to meet the surgeon who may remove these freaky topical growths on my scalp. I'm very anxious to get that process over and done with as well. They cause me a lot of discomfort and numbness all along the back of my head.

I'm pretty much like the little kid who breaks his arm then still runs around in his cast like nothing happened at all.

No comments: