Thursday, November 20, 2008

Trying to Get Busy

I slept well last night after a couple nights of barely any sleep at all. I don't know why I was having trouble sleeping. Typically that's one thing I have no trouble with at all.

After stumbling through the day yesterday, and trying to nap without much success, I'm trying to get back to my normal routine today - breakfast, exercise, shower, and getting to work.

I'm going to drop Barb off at Alyssa's house late this morning so they can attend the funeral of a 19-year-old tragically killed in a car accident earlier this week. It's such a great family, and they've had to endure more than they deserve, first with the death of the father from cancer, and now this. Our hearts go out to them. We've been thinking of them constantly.

I'm going to stop for my bloodwork after dropping Barbie off, in preparation for my weekly chemo treatments tomorrow.

My nagging cough seems to be getting a little better each day. I truly believe that there is something in my lower throat that is creating a lot of phlegm and creating the cough. I don't think it has anything to do with cancer, although it could be a reaction to chemo. I'll talk to the doc about it next time I see him.

My right hip is still sore. But I rub aspercream on it and it helps. That might be arthritis in there. But I'll talk to the doc about that as well.

This week I developed a pinching pain just below my right ribs. That too seems to be getting a little better. It only pinches when I move. I can sit still and not feel a thing at all. I think that might have arose from my exercises. But it's one more thing to discuss with the doc.

It's cold and I'm officially in hibernation mode. I'll go out when I have to. But during the winter months I tend to run from one warm place to another. I'm just not a big fan of this time of year.

Good 'ol Munch is trying to talk Barb and I into visiting him in Sarasota. There's nothing I'd like more. As he said, "You need a change in latitude." But that's going to be tough for me with weekly chemo treatments and the severe jet-lag I get from flying.

Trust me though, everyday I'm strolling along the beach at Siesta Key in my head.

No comments: