Saturday, November 29, 2008

Hungover

I woke up this morning feeling like I had been out partying all night. My stomach is sour. I have a headache. My body is sore and tired.

Of course I didn't earn these feelings from an all night party. It was treatment day yesterday and the chemo is making itself known now today. It's a normal part of the process, and likely by around noon today I'll start to feel somewhat like myself again.

Chemo was especially crowded yesterday since the health campus was closed for the Thanksgiving holiday.

I was on a great streak with the nurses over the past few weeks. They were hitting my veins with the needles on just one shot. But that streak ended yesterday. It took two sticks to get my IV going.

The nurse was very apologetic.

"No worries," I assured her. "You're just going to be known as the nurse that broke the streak," I said with a broad smile.

Next week I'm due for another CT scan. I'm, of course, looking forward to seeing the results. Also I have a few things I would like to discuss with the doctor.

The CT scan is of my chest, abdomen, and pelvis and is scheduled for Wednesday. Then I'll meet with the doctor before chemo treatment on Friday.

There is always something, and here is the latest. I have developed a small bump on the inside of my lower lip. From what I've read this is likely to be a little mucus retention cyst. But I still may have to have it sliced out of there if it doesn't start clearning up on its own.

I also want to talk to the doc about a small, pinching pain that showed up recently at the bottom of my rib cage. I think I may have aggravated something exercising. But, better safe than sorry. The pinching pain showed up and then I skipped exercises for a couple of days and it went away. Then I started exercising again and it came back again. It only hurts when I move, unlike the pains I had there in late Spring. We'll see what the doctor says.

And one last thing, I believe I might have a lymph node on the right side of my neck that is a bit active. But it's such an odd shape, long and slender, I can't really tell what it might be. The doc will know.

I never used to worry about silly stuff like this. Quite frankly, I still don't worry overly so, but more than I ever did before for obvious reasons. Some people are hypochondriacs before they have a reason to worry about anything. I tend to wait until I have a reason to worry, then take it from there.

No comments: