Monday, August 17, 2009

What Would I Do?

I've never admitted to being the brightest crayon in the box. Actually I think we're all equally stupid.

To me a good mechanic and a good doctor basically have the same level of knowledge and intelligence. But society deems one worth more, so doctors typically earn much more than mechanics.

The end of last week was truly highlighting my stupidity. I just wasn't doing anything right. I just laugh though. Sure I get a little frustrated. But throughout my life I've accepted the fact that I am human, which means I'm not always that bright.

I know, we tend to think a lot of ourselves. But if you step back and really take a look at the big picture we're all just kind of walking down the sidewalk asking everybody for a piece of lettuce.

I need to send a big thank you out to Matt Heinze for stopping in Saturday morning and kindly resolving my problem connecting to the network from the new laptop. I was right, it took him about two-minutes.

And I have to send a big thank you to Barb for solving my color problems on my printer by simply suggesting that I clean the print heads. Here I was downloading color profiles, adjusting and tweaking color settings, and all I had to do was push a button to clean the print heads. lol

Like I told you, not the brightest crayon in the box.

I still haven't been able to load software on one of our four computers but that will be on my list for today.

And another big thank you to Barb and her Mom for running out to the grocery store this morning as I continue to recover from my recent radiation treatments.

I have to get my exercising going again. I basically took a big break until the spreading cancer had been addressed by both the new chemo and the radiation. I had been feeling like the exercise could actually hurt me.

I don't want to start exercising today though, because I meet with the oncologist tomorrow. If I exercised today, when he asked me if I had any pain, I'd have to say, "Well yeah, ALL OVER!"

I did still trim a bunch of branches yesterday. I trimmed. Barb hauled them away.

Our trees are so large they hang over into our neighbors yards. I've felt bad about not being able to tend to these. Yesterday I finally got a good start on one of the trees.

It probably was the best thing for me to do. It took its toll on me. But I had to get outside and do something. I just had to. All in all I wasn't any worse for wear for tackling it. Remember, I'm not the brightest crayon in the box.

I still have a few branches to trim off that tree. But, to reach them I'll have to get up on a little patio roof at the neighbor's house. I didn't want to do that without her knowing that I was there.

There's nothing like waking up, opening your drapes, and seeing a big guy with a giant pole saw right outside your window!

No comments: