Wednesday, August 5, 2009

There's a New Girl in Town

As you may remember, on my Mom's recent trip to Detroit a motorcycle collided with her parked Buick in the hotel parking lot where she was staying.

Monday she took the car into get repaired. She was told that the work would take a week and she would be given a blue Chevy Cobalt to drive while her car was being repaired.

But when she got to the dealer she learned that someone else had nabbed the Chevy and the only other car they had was a Pontiac G5. It's a pretty small, sporty car, not exactly her style, so she asked about options. She was told she could upgrade for an additional expense. But she wasn't having any of that, after all the accident wasn't her fault and why should she endure extra expense.

So she took the Pontiac.

My Mom is used to stepping up into a SUV, not crawling down into a sporty car. But she's managing. Most surprising to her of everything was that the G5 was bright yellow, with a spoiler.

"Can you imagine me driving around in a bright yellow sports car with a spoiler?" she asked me.

"Well I'm sure all the young guys are going to be turning their heads," I told her.

She laughed.

They're going to be asking, "Who's the new chick in town?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, my very bright yellow car has turned heads and Dean Moyer did a double take. Yesterday, quite by accident, I pulled out my bright yellow shirt to wear forgetting what car was waiting for me in the garage. It was amazing how well my shirt matched the car but I didn't have time to go back and change so more double takes were in store for me. I also wore my Kate Spade shades so that was my 15 seconds of fame. It did lift my spirits and give me a laugh which I really needed for the day. Love MOM

Barbara Albert said...

She's definitely one hot MaMa!!!