Saturday, August 15, 2009

Melty Face

I know a bit about computers out of necessity more than anything else. It's not that I enjoy working on them.

Computers have helped me make money so I could feed myself and have a roof over my head. Those are the necessities. But when things go wrong. Whew, boy, I could just toss those things out the nearest window.

Did you ever have a day or two when everything you touched seemed to go wrong? I think we all have. After awhile it just gets so ridiculous all you can do is laugh.

I'm giggling right now.

For our fourth anniversary I bought Barb a new laptop computer. Following the guidelines for fourth anniversary gifts the modern day gift should be an appliance and the traditional gift should be fruit. No kidding...fruit.

Well we really didn't need any appliances so I bought her the laptop. And I got creative on the fruit and bought her a necklace with a crushed diamond apple hanging from the chain, because she is the "apple of my eye." (smile)

The laptop came this week and I worked to hook up the wireless connection to the router so she could see other computers on our network and access the internet. It's not something I do everyday. But it's certainly something I've done dozens of times before.

Spent a day and a half trying to do nothing else but this, and still nothing.

My face feels like it's literally melted off of my head.

I finally gave up and called my cousin Matt who kindly offered to stop in today to see what he can do. He'll probably have it all fixed up in two-minutes. Thanks Matt!

Then there was some new computer software. It installed and ran fine on one computer but not another. Hmmmmm. There's a few hours of my life I'll never get back.

Then I ordered and received some new photo paper that I really like but now my color callibration is all screwed up so I'll have to work that all over again.

I'm just in one of those bad luck streaks.

It happens.

I'm afraid to touch anything today. I'm afraid to give Barb a hug, fearing that she might end up falling and breaking something.

I'll try to stick to simple tasks today.

Stuff happens, life is always an adventure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry for the frustrations. It happens. But give Barb a couple good hugs anyway and if she gets hurt you have an excuse to kiss her booboo.

Love,,
Other Mom