Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Surf and Turf with a Side of Great Company

A big thank you to Charlie and Alyssa for treating us to a special anniversary dinner last night.

Yes, yes, our anniversary was the first week of this month. Don't feel like you missed something please. Everyday I'm with Barbie is worth celebrating. So it is all good with me no matter what the day, or month might be.

I've had quite a streak of bad restaurant experiences going. But now it has been broken. The restaurant last night was certainly four-stars. Everything from warm bread to dessert was outstanding. Add to that a tableful of great company, and it was a very special evening - one to remember.

On the down side, I am still in considerable pain. Something is wrong in my right shoulder blade and I imagine I should call the doc today and report it so we can get down to figuring it out.

The doc and I discussed the pain on Tuesday but agreed that it was probably muscular and we'd sit it out a little and watch it, hoping it would get better. It had gotten excruciatingly bad, but then did seem to improve. But now it just seems to be staying the same, and it is painful.

I have some pretty powerful pain pills here, leftover from having cancer in my right hip bone. But they even don't seem to address the pain completely. It's really hanging around.

I'm guessing it might be a rotator cuff thing, or possibly a torn or stretched tendon. If not a physical problem than it may be cancer itself showing up in the bone of my shoulder blade. But I don't think it's that (with all my vast medical knowledge LOL) because the pain moves around the right side of my upper back. When I had a tumor in my hip bone the pain came from one spot that I could easily identify.

After the last radiation and chemo treatment I was looking forward to some weeks without doctors. But it looks like I'll have to dive back into some consultations and possibly treatments.

It's not that I don't like seeing my doctors, but, well, you know...

Well at least I'm waking up with bananas foster breath this morning! (smile)

No comments: