Friday, August 7, 2009

No News is Good News

It's a beautiful day today in Central PA. I might try to go on a little camera walk today and get some pics around town.

I have to drop Barbie off for a haircut around noon and then hustle down the road to try to have some bloodwork done. Hopefully the timing will all work out and I can retrieve her on the way back without either of us having to wait.

I've been feeling a little better since they asked me to up my intake of two medicines. Certainly I like to feel better. But on the downside, I know it's the medicines making me feel better and kind of a false reality.

Next week I'll have one more radiation treatment. It should not be nearly as long and crueling as the first. This week I had my second chemo treatment with the new chemo. After this week I'll have to ride everything out for a couple of weeks and see how I feel, and how everything is working.

I know in January of this year my chemo stopped working and the cancer ran wild. I was pretty messed up. But I was quickly put on a new chemo, put through some radiation treatments, and before too long everything was looking up again. It just took some time to move through the transition.

I equate what's going on now with what went on in January. As long as the new chemo now kicks in like the new chemo in January did I should be back to running strong in about a month or so.

Unfortunately, as well as these chemos can take care of business. They all do stop working at some point. The cancer is persistent and eventually figures out how to work around the effects of the chemo. The stupid cancer is evidently not that stupid.

But I do know that researchers feel emboldened by some of their latest achievements and are pushing to find a way to knock this type of cancer down for good.

1 comment:

Steve & Donna said...

Keep fighting Bert!

We are thinking about you everyday!

Hic & Donna