Saturday, August 22, 2009

Hot and Muggy

The weather is like a jungle outside. It is so humid. The clouds are so saturated that they just keep dripping. They can't hold all of the moisture. The air itself is wet.

It's another good excuse to stay in and rest. The past few weeks have been one of the roughest stretches in my journey. Treatment can really be a rollercoaster ride with plenty of it's ups and downs. There have been times when I've felt amazingly strong and energetic. There have been times when I've felt like a train wreck.

I just try to take advantage of the good times and get done as much as possible. During the rough times I try to be wise and strong and let the drugs work and let my body get stronger.

So far at the end of every tough time has been a strong surge. So I have no reason to think differently. As thirsty as I might be, I know there's a big Gatorade waiting for me ahead.

I feel pretty good when I'm stretched out on the recliner. So with laptop in lap at least I can keep trying to pull together this book venture of mine. It is a venture that I've toyed with for a long time.

It's a tough venture though. It's kind of like winning the lottery. There are so many people that want to write a book - Moms who want to write childrens' books, housewives who want to write romance novels, guys stuck in cubicles who want to write action, spy thrillers. Publishers are swamped with submissions.

But I'll pursue. If nothing else, I'll be able to say "I did it."

The first story is just about done, and is entitled "Milk and Cooties." I'm liking it already. (smile)

No comments: