Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A Very Pleasant Evening

We met up with Alyssa and Charlie at the Accomac in Wrightsville last evening about 7:15. I know that since it was Alyssa's birthday, she had been looking forward to going here for quite some time. The weather was absolutely great yesterday and that helped in making it that much better.

On the way over, you hit some very curvy roads that head in a downward spiral on that side of the river. If we have found the appropriate place to pull over and taken some pictures of this incredible field of sunflowers, I don't recall having had seen anything like that before and I don't think that Jim, Alyssa or Charlie has either. Jim took advantage of taking some pictures of the area on that side of the river including Alyssa and Charlie. It was the appropriate time of the day with the lighting. I had seen a Heron down on a rock and there was a fishing boat in the distance.

The Accomac is a beautiful place and very charming. We sat down and enjoyed each others company. Alyssa, Charlie and Jim had starter salads, I just know that there entrees are huge, so I wasn't going there. Alyssa and Charlie had the Filet, Jim had a Chicken dish and I had Trout, and we all enjoyed everything very much. It finally came to dessert and what did Alyssa have, BANANA'S FOSTER, well imagine that, Jim and I shared one of the same. Charlie had a difficult time deciding what to have, I suppose nothing sounded appealing to him right away and we tried to convince him to try something different. Anyway, he finally made a decision and went with Baked Alaska with extra chocolate sauce.

We all had a wonderful time and the view from there screened porch was a sight. I think only the only thing that was disruptive was there is apparently a biker bar down the road and the bikers on there motorcycles would go by and make quite a bit of noise.
I hope that Alyssa and Charlie had an enjoyable time and it will be a birthday treat that Alyssa will remember for years to come.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was definitely a lot of fun. That was the best filet ever! Thanks a lot again guys!