Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Quiet, Easy Wednesday

Whew! It was 53-degrees this morning. The corn stalks in the fields are beginning to turn brown. Fall is sneaking up on us.

Footballs are flying through the air. But, quite frankly, we're not done with baseball and the Phillies yet. Phillies phans are smiling this morning as the Phils have taken over first place from the Mets!

My Newcastle United English soccer club has lost its manager, who resigned last week. It's the eighth manager in the past 10-years. The club has been a mess. The resignation has thrown the club into turmoil. The owner is trying to sell the club now, since he can no longer show himself near St. James Park without hearing it from the fans. What a soap opera that one is.

I know Penn State is blowing everyone out in American football. And I know my Eagles lost a wild one to the dreaded Dallas Cowboys. But beyond that, I don't know much. Football doesn't officially start in this house until baseball ends.

Not much happening on this nippy Wednesday. And I like that - not too much going on.

Barb and I have finally decided upon a layout for the front two rooms, office side and living side. So we're going to jump into the FJ and cruise around looking for furniture bargains a little today.

Barb came down looking pretty spiffy. But she gave me permission to dress sloppy. Woohoo!

I might get out in the yard today and work on a few things that need attention.

It's just a nice, slow Wednesday.

Let's go Phillies!

No comments: