Saturday, September 6, 2008

Another Set of Good Results




Photo of the Day
View from the Accomac Inn.


We met the oncologist yesterday and reviewed by latest CT scans. Everything looks pretty good! I am now down to just two tumors, one in the upper lobe of the left lung (which has been there since this all began), and one in the upper lobe of the liver.

Another small tumor in the liver has disappeared. The tumor in the lung, which shrank last scan, is stable. The tumor in the liver has shrank once again to around the one centimeter mark.

I was proud of my oncologist too. The report mentioned a lymph node but didn't offer any practical details. So he's sending it back to be re-read. We'll meet again in two-weeks to discuss that one.

But it's all good news. It's onward with the Torisel treatments.

On another note though, I did inform my oncologist of a new drug expected to be approved by the FDA by the new year. It's funny how I fill him in on this stuff.

I did get through a Thursday of a CT scan and bloodwork, and a Friday of chemo, with only four needle sticks, nowhere near my one-week record of seven.

I was able to get through yesterday's chemo like a champ. I'm eager to get active this morning. I even bought a pre-stretched canvas so Barb and I can create our own little abstract design for the house.

It's all smiles today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I did inform my oncologist of a new drug"

what is it?