Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Morning Light





Photo of the Day
Morning Light on One of Our Many Spider Webs


Barb and I were hanging out on the back porch early this morning, enjoying some coffee and watching the early morning light ignite the backyard.

Barb looked at me and in a deep voice said, "I'd love to see you on rollerskates."

Wow! Was she hitting on me or what?!?

I was decent on rollerskates. Thank goodness for the rubber stopper on the toe. I could skate pretty fast, my turning was a little shaky stepping those size 13 skates over one another. I had to concentrate on that. I couldn't do anything fancy, no skating backwards or anything like that.

Now ice skating, I could really fly when I was ice skating. The only problem was there was no rubber stopper on the toe. I could skate really fast. But I couldn't stop, and I couldn't turn. Both of those things turned out to be fairly important.

Turns out Barb just wanted to see me on skates because I'd be like seven and a half feet tall. Just my luck.

Enjoy that morning light everybody. Fall is coming.

No comments: