Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Potty Mouth

A few days ago I was looking for funny t-shirts on the internet and I came across a shirt for infants that said, "I Potty Like A Rock Star."

It made me laugh. I was searching my brain for a two-year-old I could buy that for.

Then I started thinking about it. Constant travel, bad diets, drugs, alcohol, smoking...rock stars probably don't potty that well at all! lol

Forget finding a two-year-old, I should probably buy that shirt for myself.

A nurse at the cancer center told me that chemo can come with all kinds of side-effects, but two that seem to be there with every kind of chemo is fatique and roughing up the digestive track. My energy levels have been pretty good. But the digestive track, ugh, I potty like a rock star.

I know. I know. What a thing to talk about. But this blog tends to be a place just to empty the thoughts in my head.

I was looking at other blogs this morning and was very interested in finding blogs from athletes competing in the Olympics. I was able to read about families first-person accounts of visits to the Great Wall, of trying to catch a cab, of people, people everywhere, of all the Chinese black-market goods - you know Calvin Kliene, Ralph Laren.

I enjoyed the first-person stories much more than the canned, well-planned info we tend to get from our mass media outlets.

The internet is certainly changing how we communicate and interact. And it continues to evolve faster than anyone can keep up with. I can only imagine where it will be 50-years from now.

In five minutes I can talk with someone in Arizona, check out the price of a condo in London, and check the surf conditions on the Outer Banks.

It's becoming a smaller world with a lot more voices.

Now I've got to find that t-shirt again, because I "Potty Like A Rock Star."

No comments: