Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Keeping Busy

I got so caught up in redesigning our website yesterday I left no time for blogging, or much of anything else.

There's nothing wrong with our website. I like our website. It's probably due to be freshened up. But, more than anything else I just felt like I needed to do something creative.

So I sat down, went at it, and next thing you know it was dinner time. I'm usually really tough on myself and the work I do. But I felt good about the work I was doing yesterday, energized by it. Hopefully with a couple more weeks of work I can unveil a new crazy Albert Design Studio site.

We do have some leads for some work. But not a lot has presented itself so far. A printer in Harrisburg wants us to do a site for them, but they've been dragging their feet getting us information to start working. The Hilton in Harrisburg wants us to design a site for their star restaurant (if they can get permission from corporate headquarters). The pub behind our house wants us to reprint some business cards.

So there is stuff in the works. It takes time to build business. Once you get going it's like rolling down a hill, and things just move faster and faster.

We had mailed out 200 postcards a few weeks ago to try to stir some interest. We were hoping for between three and six calls from that promotional effort. Our website visits went way up that week. But it didn't result in any phone calls.

The economy isn't helping.

Yesterday wasn't completely spent in front of the computer. Barb and I did get out for another nice bike ride. I love it because it's the only thing I do that really works my lungs and works my endurance. Today is a Bowflex day, and the Bowflex has been good too, primarily at building back some muscle mass.

I was sucking air yesterday morning after the bike ride. It wasn't a real long bike ride, probably about a mile. But it did the trick. Each time we go out I get a little stronger.

The Granny Mobile was also towed away yesterday. It was a little sad, like we had a piece of her that we had to let go of, but didn't really want to. They paid us $100 for it.

I just didn't want Barb to be out driving somewhere and have a part in the car break down, and leave her stuck somewhere along the side of some road. When it comes time for Barb to start driving we'll look into a gently used, high mileage, car for her.

No comments: