Thursday, May 29, 2008

Quick Updates

When I did a couple weeks of half dosage on the chemotherapy I instantly gained eight-pounds and my digestive woes basically went away. On April 29th I went back to full doses and to my surprise the digestive woes did not come back - well until last night.

I spent a couple hours up in the middle of the night last night, settling down the rhino running around through my insides. When the alarm went off at five this morning I stumbled down the stairs and took my chemo, pet Freckles a few times, and made a beeline right back to bed.

Amazingly enough I rarely ever go back to bed after the 5 a.m. chemo. Freckles usually does not allow it. But I escaped Freckles attention this morning and quickly was back to sleep in bed.

It was nice to sleep in, and I did have some hours up in the middle of the night to make up for. But it was quite odd be the second one up in the house - a complete switcheroo.

All of the pains I was having through my right torso have really died down and are barely evident at all anymore. I'm still scheduled for an ultra-sound on Monday to try to discover what caused it all. We'll do more bloodwork too and then take it from there.

I still do want to come up with a routine to give me regular breaks from the full dose of chemotherapy. You know, something like four-weeks of full dosage, followed by a week of half-dosage, something like that. Full dosage just plows me into the ground. Occassional "drug holidays" would mean the world to my overall well-being, as long as the cancer doesn't take the opportunities to spread.

I think the exterminator finally rid us of the tiny, little, odorous household ants.

The roofer has been threatening to come out and check out a few small leaks for the past two weeks. But he hasn't shown up yet. We'll call a couple others today.

We've got a couple things going with Albert Design Studio. It's great to have Barb working the business along with me. And I've made contacts with a young, web programming guru, so I don't have to sloth through all the code anymore. I can focus on design, and the aspects of communications that I'm strongest at. It's ironic that it took all of these health issues to finally allow me to give up some controls. It is the ideal though that I always meant the business to achieve.

It's going to be another beautiful Spring Day. I need to keep myself busy with some kind of basic physical task. It keeps me innvolved and awake, aiding in fighting the fatique from the chemo.

After taking the past month off from exercising and going back on full chemo doses, I'm a 170-pound weekling. I truly need to get back to the exercises and get back on the bike and build up some strength and endurance. I'm OK with Barb always being the beauty and the brains of this operation, but now that she's the brawn too - well I just have to do something about that.

No comments: