Friday, May 16, 2008

Am I On Some Kind of Whacky TV Show?

If I'm on some kind of reality bloopers show, c'mon, the jig is up, let's just stop it now.

Barb just called me up to the second bath upstairs and a slow drip of water was coming out of the side of our overhead light. Hmmmmpphhh.

Well we already know that it takes a dwarf to access the crawl space above that portion of ceiling. I turned off the fuse that allows electricity to that light. Barb headed up to the attic to see just how close she could get to the area of the leak. There's no access from the regular attic. We need to pop open a small panel in the ceiling of the laundry room to get up there. It's a mess.

But Barb called me up to the attic. She found another leak near the chimney. We got a flashlight and there was yet another leak on the otherside of the chimney, all the way at the top of the chimney were it had been closed off.

We examined around the attic, the 2nd and 1st floors, the basement, it seems like there are only 3 leaks. ONLY???

We must have a curse over us this week. Yesterday it was the car being broken into. Today it's the roof leaking.

We placed a call to the company that originally finished the roof, just before we bought the house. With it raining now they can't do much. But, as I type, they're trying to figure out how and when to best get out here to help us out.

I hope they can.

And the rain is starting to disipate. I hope the worst of the wet stuff has passed us.

If it's not one thing it's another. But, hey, a little excitement takes my mind off other things for awhile, like the cancer. Life with a 200-year-old house - there is always something.

No comments: