Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day Susie

I was the first born in a family of three children. I may have been the oldest, but I have always considered myself the "odd one out." I grew up with a very loving family, things weren't always easy for me growing up because I was a bit of a dork. My mom always tried to do everything that she possibly was capable of. I was the one child in the family that usually did not get in trouble with either one of my parents to often. I think that came more as a teenager, when I thought that I knew everything.

We grew up going to church frequently, spending alot of time with both sets of grandparents. I think the following should sum alot of things up:

I appreciate my mom so much,
within my days of growing up.
I still continue to grow today,
because of her in many different ways.

I know she has a tender heart,
as she always has from the start.
I can only hope that I am somewhat the same way,
because I feel lucky to this day.

In some of the stages of my life,
things weren't easy dealing with strife.
I know growing up I wish I had been better,
listening more to what mattered.

I always wish I could do more,
to show how much she is adored.
I thank her for all the love she has shown,
and inside me it has only grown.

Please know that I love you mom,
with all my heart.
Thank you for being there,
from the very start.


Love You
Barb

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it is monday and i have just started to clean and pulled up your blog. i'm sorry i did not see this yesterday so i could have thanked you personally at Alyssa's. dad would like to know if that picture was taken last week. sure, last week and 42 years more. as a mother you do your best, stand back, watch, and hold your breath. dear barb, can you hear me letting out my breath.

love you (and Jim)

mom