Monday, May 5, 2008

Humbled

I've never been much for any event that brings focus onto me.

I like being in the back row. Although the name "Albert" landed me in many first rows, first seats, in classrooms because of alphabetical order.

I'm 6'4". I stand out enough. I like hanging out in the back row. I like being a fly on the wall, and not the center of attention.

But regardless I'm very touched and thankful for everyone stopping over yesterday to sing "Happy Birthday to Me." I have two incredible families around me. A guy just couldn't be luckier.

It was fantastic to have family together enjoying my Mom's infamous "Boozy Chicken" and swapping stories. It was great to see the energies of one handicapped puppy and one big, bouncy two-year old.

It was humbling to see just what a fortunate person I am. Thank you everyone.

No comments: