Monday, December 31, 2007

Be Afraid Young Man

There is one place that scares me more than I think just about any other place - the grocery store on a Saturday mid-morning.

The morning of Christmas Eve we stopped by a grocery store in Mt. Joy to pick-up a vegetable tray and it was a zoo. You know you're in trouble when the parking lot is full and half a dozen cars roam the lot looking for anyone who is about to leave.

Now, here the morning before New Year's Day, we have planned a trip to the butcher and the grocery store.

It's going to be crazy.

Everyone's out for last-minute this-or-thats. Everyone's picking up New Year's Eve and New Year's Day supplies.

It's going to be scary.

But I have to work up the courage, have to be brave. We've got to go. We have no food. lol

Plus, I can't start the New Year off without pork and sauerkraut. It just wouldn't feel right going through the first day of the year without the potpourri of sauerkraut filling the house.

We have to go.

It's going to be nuts.

I know. I know. It may seem a little strange. And this is all written a bit tongue in cheek. But there are just those who are built for this kind of stuff, and those of us who just aren't. You can count me in the "aren't" column.

Wish me luck!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope the store was an exciting journey for you. We just got back from getting our new car, we love it! Now we are headed to Charlie's cousins for New Years, it will be a good time! Have a good New Years!