Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas Notes

Well Santa did stop here and there is not a lump of coal in sight. I don't know how good we were this past year. But I must have been at least a gas leaf blower kind of good. lol Thanks Alyssa and Charlie.

Sunday morning we got together with my family. It was a miserable cold, rainy, foggy day outside, but warm inside up on the hill. My niece Heather provided entertainment for all. It was great to have everyone together. We get only so many opportunities to all be in the same room.

And Monday evening we got together with Barb's family. Another little one stole the show as Barb's nephew Ellis bounced continuously through the living room, doing complete laps through the dining room to the kitchen and back to the living room again. Again it was great to see everyone together.

Tuesday I woke up at my normal 5 a.m. But Barb slept into almost 7 a.m. That's crazy! Doesn't she know there are presents down here that need opening! lol

During our first Christmas together, I tried to pick-out some clothing and shoes and stuff that I thought she would like. I just wanted a test run first and showed her some catalogs with my ideas. She carefully looked over what I had picked out and then politely said, "These are kind of lesbian clothes."

LOL Not what I was expecting.

I think I'm coming along now though. You really just have to pay attention. And I'm zoning in on Barb's Victorian Gypsy kind of style. I actually picked out two pairs of earrings that seem to be on target. Scary. Who would think I'd be able to pull that off?

We enjoyed not having to travel on Christmas Day. And enjoyed waking up with hot coffee and tea and some banana muffins and each other. We took turns exchanging gifts and listened to Christmas music amongst our decorations and lights.

Thanks to everyone across both families for such continued kindness and generosity. And thanks to all for such a Merry Christmas.

No comments: