Friday, December 21, 2007

Super Pimple

Alright, really, I never actually thought I'd ever be writing about a pimple.

But, then I'm not really writing about any run-of-the-mill pimple here. I'm writing about a super pimple.

Yes, cancer does have a sense of humor. Up is down. Left is right. Suddenly you're experiencing things completely foreign and new to you.

During my radiation treatments the regular balances and normal reactions within my body changed. Things that used to do one thing now did something else, or even nothing at all.

One unique event was the appearance of "super pimples." These beasts showed up almost exclusively along the radiation treatment line - the distinct line that separated treatment areas from non-treatment areas.

I've never had anything like them.

Now, they're gone, they've cleared up.

Well...there is just one, behind my ear. It's been there since July - really, since July! It feels like cartilage, firm, stationary. I began to question whether it was a pimple at all.

It was. It cleared up yesterday.

Cancer does have a sense of humor - a pimple that lasts six-months, a super pimple.

No comments: