Monday, December 3, 2007

Pushing Forward

I've been pretty energetic this past week, after a week prior where I almost took a nap each and every afternoon.

The appetite and eating in general has been up this past week too. Don't ask me why. I'm not sure the doctors really understand either when it comes to these new drugs.

We made up some New York strips last night with a sherry mushroom sauce and my stomach took it like a champ. Beef is often not my friend these days. Although I'm still shy about ground beef or sausage, I will try an occasional strip steak or filet.

It could be the steady exercise routine I guess. Last week was the first week that I stuck with the exercises each and every day. And I'll be pushing myself to exercise every day this week as well.

This week will start pretty busy though. We're taking off for my butcher and the grocery store this morning. By the time I have all the groceries unloaded from the FJ Cruiser I'm usually pretty beat. And tomorrow we're going to go grab a Christmas tree and get it set-up and start the Christmas decorating.

But Christmas shopping is way ahead this year. I'm breaking all kinds of personal records this year in being prepared. The fact that my life is simpler now, with most of the daily focus on simple things like nutrition, rest and exercise, has made it possible. I always worked 10 to 12 hour days, six days a week (like too many of us), and keeping up with personal obligations would often be difficult.

We work too hard. There are other significant aspects of life.

No comments: