Sunday, September 2, 2007

Reaching In-Between

I believe I'm starting to reach an in-between stage in my recovery from the radiation treatments. I'm starting to feel like my old self again, but mind and body isn't always quite ready for everything.

Quite frankly in the months previous I've been satisfied to just relax and take it easy. Feeling like you've literally been run over my a semi-tractor trailer truck will have that affect on you.

But now I'm getting fidgety. I want to do this. I want to do that. I want to jump in FJ Cruiser and go somewhere.

This past week we traveled one day to Myerstown, one day to East York, one day to Red Lion. On the days in between I decided it was time to try to take the pole saw out into our overgrown backyard and begin to trim some branches. One morning I trimmed branches until I tired out, and then came back the next morning to trim some more.

But your body will talk to you, give you hints and reminders. After the second day of trimming branches I stretched out a muscle around my left shoulder and into the left side of my neck. No more trimming branches for a couple days. I'll be back on it into this week though.

It's a continued progression, and it's been a slow progression. But as long as it's progress - that's what we're after.

Really couldn't ask for more beautiful weather for this Labor Day weekend. So stop reading this blog and get out and do something fun outside!

Thanks to everyone again for all your continued help and support.

No comments: