Sunday, September 23, 2007

Mr. and Mrs. Charlie Licatese

I'm tired. I'm really tired.

The rehearsal was Friday night followed by dinner. And the wedding was Saturday followed by the reception. It's the most activity I've had since February of this year. In a way it's great, it's rehab, it's getting myself going. On the other side, I'm tired. I'm really tired.

The wedding was beautiful. Alyssa and Charlie beamed with such natural, uncontrollable smiles. You could see the love shining through and just bubbling over. I'm very happy for them that they've found one another and have bound as one to live their lives together. I hope you guys remember to enjoy all of the experiences, all of the challenges, all of the moments both mudane and unique. And remember please that your abilities to deal with the challenging times will define you as much as how you deal with the good times.

There was a great congregation of family and friends on hand, and everyone had dusted off their fancy clothing for the occasion. Barb's Mom Susan shared her incredible voice, with several songs, including The Lord's Prayer during the service. And just as they are supposed to do, the flower girls stole the show.

I don't think I'll be the only one from the wedding choosing to take today as a bit of a rest day - including Alyssa and Charlie. But tomorrow they're off to St. Lucia in the Carribean.

And tomorrow I'm starting a rigid exercise routine. (blech) It's necessary. I'm learning that as we get older more structured exercises are needed. I can't just call trimming branches in the backyard exercise anymore. Well, it's still exercise, but not enough.

But for today it's rest, Manchester United plays Chelsea at 11 a.m. and I've got a ticket for a front row seat.

CONGRATULATIONS ALYSSA AND CHARLIE!!!!

No comments: