Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Rasta Freckles

Every Spring, and every Fall, Freckles the household cat goes through a shedding process.

We have determined that Freckles is the main mess maker in this house by a long shot. Where Freckles goes messes will follow. He has a regular beat around the house. He has his favorite rooms, his favorite sleeping spots, and a beaten path between them. And all of those rooms, those spots, and those paths get covered in Freckles hair and dander almost faster than we can clean it up.

Now keeping up with Freckles hair and dander is quite a job during normal seasons. During Freckles shedding season...whew...it's darn near impossible.

I dusted and vacummed four rooms the other day, rooms that Freckles frequents. When I finished I sat down to relax for a moment and proudly look over my work. It was amazing, not a sign of Freckles hair or dander in sight.

Then Freckles hopped down the stairs (the vacuum terrifys him) and began to stroll slowly in front of me. As he passed right in front of me a ball of fuzz flew off of him and plopped right behind him.

FRECKLES!!!

(sigh)

When it is shedding season, Freckles develops large clumps of hair, almost like dreadlocks. During shedding season he is the Dreadlocked Rasta Cat.

Freckles' dreadlocks will grow longer and clumpier until eventually they all fall off, some in rather large clumps.

I think I'm going to have to vacuum everyday.

Well if Freckles hair and dander are our biggest problem - we must be doing pretty good! (smile)

No comments: