Saturday, September 8, 2007

Quick Update

I'd be lying if I said that I don't think about cancer everyday. But I don't think about cancer all the time. You can't, it will drive you nuts.

Basically between doctor appointments and tests you just have to put it all aside and live your life. Then when it's time you pull out Pandora's Box, take a look inside, and hopefully just close it up and put it back away for awhile.

Monday I have a scheduled CT scan of the lung, abdomen and chest. I've had enough of them now that I think I've become a bit of a pro at it.

I have to drink two "milk shakes" beforehand with a lovely metallic taste. First time was a challenge, now it's no problem. I just time it out and get them down, best refrigerated with a straw.

I'll warn them of taking it easy on the Iodine-based contrast dye since I'm a patient with one kidney.

And I've learned that the best CT scanners exist at either the Health Campus or the facility downtown. So that's where I go.

We should get the results late Tuesday into Wednesday. We won't get the interpretation from the oncologist until the week after when we have a scheduled appointment.

No comments: