Monday, September 10, 2007

Getting Busy

I'm sitting here at sunrise drinking some "Barium Sulfate Suspension" before this morning's 8 a.m. CT scan. This milky stuff will fill up my belly and digestive track so it will show up better on the scan. During the scan they'll set me up with an IV so they can inject the iodine based contrast dye, also to help everything show up better on the scan.

After the scan it will be straight home to drink large amounts of liquid to help wash all of this stuff through and out of my system as quickly as possible. Through all of this I'll try to manage a time for eating, since my appetite has been at its best in the morning. The weight loss has leveled off, but I have to stay very diligent about it. It's hardly like a light switch, and although my eating has improved tremendously, there is still great room for improvement.

The whole adventure this morning will probably wear me down enough to possibly make this afternoon a nap afternoon. My fatigue continues to improve as well. I do have to wake up everyday at 5 a.m. to take my chemo drug treatment. Typically I've been making it through days, as of late, without a nap. But I do wear down about 6 to 7 p.m.

And tomorrow is a necessary grocery trip. We'll have to hit it early so Barb can make her dentist appointment by 11 a.m. I'll have to figure out how to take advantage of the morning appetite while we're running around. And between the grocery trip and the dentist trip, I'll probably be a little run down again tomorrow afternoon, possibly another nap afternoon. It doesn't take a lot to wear me out. I try to plan one 2-hour activity a day. But much more than that - whew - I'm spent.

And the big test will be the upcoming wedding. It's a long day for such a short ceremony. I'm trying to plan out opportunities for rest so I can share as much of this experience as possible with everyone.

OK, too much typing and not enough drinking Barium Sulfate Suspension...mmmmm, banana flavored. (making face)

No comments: