Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Pluggin' Along

Although my recovery from the radiation always seemed slow, it also always seemed to be continuing, meaning every week I'd feel better and better.

I do feel for the first time that my recovery has kind of reached an apex due to my nutritional issues. I don't believe that I'll be able to continue recovery as I have until I can first fix the issues I have with digestion and appetite.

So that continues to be my number one focus into this week. We have brought in two different protein drinks to help supplement my diet. Beyond that I'm still trying to eat what I'm capable of eating (which is a very short list).

I can feel weakness directly resulting from my lack of a full, well-balanced diet. I continue to work on it. And I continue to be confident that it is part of the process of rehabilitation and something that will in time pass.

Met with my nuerosurgeon yesterday. He oversaw the radiation treatments. He too felt that the latest MRI was very positive. He translated a few big words for us. All in all there was really no new news though.

This morning Barb and I are off to the dentist for a husband/wife dental appointment. I'm bound for two fillings today. Eeeek. I'm sure that will help my appetite! lol

Thanks to everyone for the continuing support. I know this recovery process seems unusually long and grueling. But, one thing we did get from the nuerosurgeon yesterday that we took as a positive note also, is that he felt my recovery was perfectly normal at this point, and that it was also normal that I have much recovery to go. So...keep hanging in there with me! I know you all will!

No comments: