Monday, August 6, 2007

Happy Anniversary Barbara!





I first met Barb at work. I just took a job as art director at a golf outerwear manufacturer and I was being taken around the company's two buildings and being introduced to departments and personnel.

I was led into the customer service department, and across the room, hard at work, was Barb. Immediately I felt my stomach drop, and saw stars and little fairy cupids dancing around my head. What a knockout!

I stumbled through a few introductions, pretended to have a conversation or two, and continued to have my attention drawn towards Barb, still hard at work across the room.

Eventually the introductions led me to Barb's desk. I swallowed hard and introduced myself, "Hi. I'm Jim Albert. I'm the new art director," I said, tying to look like a lost puppy.

"Do you mind? You're blocking out all of my light," said Barb, returning to her work.

Ouch.

Now I just felt like I'd been kicked in the stomach. I straggled away with my tail between my legs.

It took some further work on my part to eventually get Barb's attention, and then convince her that I may be worth a conversation or two.

I wore her down. Eventually I asked her out when she was tired, had the flu, and was drinking too much...and she unbelievably said "Yes."

Happy Anniversary Barbie! You're my perfect match...forever!

No comments: