Thursday, August 23, 2007

Early Fall Weather

It was a welcome break to normal summer time temps in the 90s. But it was strange to have these past four days in August in the 60s. Life does keep us on our toes!

I'm proud to report that the first ham sandwich has been followed by another ham sandwich. So at least I know that I'm not just dealing with a one-time coincidence.

But I also did try a breakfast sausage sandwich, and I had to quit half-way through that (too much bun not enough sausage). And I began work on a "Youndt's Yummy" from the deli across the street but that just didn't hit the spot for me either.

Right now my appetite seems to be growing and my tolerance of eating in general is becoming more open and diverse. But I am still very picky.

I have specific cravings. They come on suddenly and typically are impossible to meet because they're so odd. Hmmmm, perhaps I'm pregnant.

Right now I'm craving a piece of breakfast ham, good home fried potatoes, and a biscuit. If it magically appeared before me now I couldn't guarantee you I'd be able to eat it. But I am craving it right now.

So Barb dove into the freezer and is working on Ore-Ida's version of home fries. Barb keeps a very impressive Ore-Ida collection, I guess for just this such type of emergency. (smile)

It looks like next week will be a week without doctors! Woohoo! My doctors are great but . . . well . . . you know what I mean.

No comments: