Friday, November 27, 2009

What a Day

I tell people that I never know what kind of day I'm in for until I wake up in the morning. I could tell yesterday from the moment I woke up that I was in for a bad day. I felt terrible. But I had no idea what I was in store for.

I did make the very difficult decision to stay at home for the day. Barb's parents were going to drive us to Myerstown where we were to enjoy a Thanksgiving meal together. But I felt so lousy I just couldn't imagine it. Everything hurt, everything ached, I felt weak all over and generally just felt out of it. I just wanted to go back to sleep.

It was a choice of being a total zombie surrounded by the comforts of home, or being a total zombie in Myerstown while trying to interact with others. I couldn't imagine interacting with anyone.

But this was only the beginning.

At 7:30 a.m. the phone rang. I soon heard my wife getting upset. I asked her what was wrong. It was Alyssa. Her kitten had passed away over night. She loved that kitty. Alyssa is a very sensitive gal and loves animals. Simba had developed a condition that built fluid up around his organs. The vet still doesn't know exactly what caused it even with the help of tests.

As anyone who has had pets would understand, it was tough on Alyssa. And with Alyssa being so close to our hearts, it was tough on us too.

Is that it? Nope.

My brother called after lunch to let us know that my Mom had fallen when Noel got under her feet. She hit her head. The gang had to take her to the hospital where she received four staples to close a cut. I spoke with her last evening and she's doing well and laughing about it. But she still might have been a little numb. I'm guessing she may be feeling a little more pain this morning.

We also learned yesterday that my Dad's recent issues have been caused by a clot in his lung. He has been prescribed a blood thinner. From measuring my Mom's reaction to all of this, there seems to be some strong sentiment that the blood thinner will do the job on the clot just fine.

I never felt very strong all day yesterday. My day included both a morning and an afternoon nap. Not even Freckles wanted to join me. Maybe I was snoring, although that never seemed to bother him before. Afterall, he's quite a snoring creature himself.

My stomach was rough all day and I really didn't eat much more than a couple of pretzels. For dinner Barb pulled together a couple of our homemade cheese steaks. So we had Thanksgiving Day cheese steaks for dinner. They were delicious.

This morning already seems like I'm into a more energetic day. But it is another day for my Interferon injection...so...we'll see...

What a Thanksgiving! Our we ready for our own reality TV show?

No comments: