Monday, November 16, 2009

Shopper Extraordinaire

This past Spring when we add central air installed in this old house Barb lost some pretty good space in her closet in our master bedroom. A vent had to be run from the attic to the first floor and it was the only logical path.

Since that time Barb has been struggling a bit to find enough storage space for her stuff. The result was a little pile of stuff here, and another little pile there, and another pile over there.

Complaining is easy. Anyone can do that. So I didn't complain. I offered a suggestion. Why don't we look for a dresser for you and set-up next door in the guest room (Alyssa's room)? We agreed, this was a workable solution.

We didn't want to spend too much. But we didn't want something real cheap. We wanted something that fit in with the old style of our house. We looked around. But we weren't having much luck.

Late last week apparently Barb told her Mom, Susan, about our search. That was all she needed to hear - the super shopper was on the case.

Susan can tell stories of her incredibles finds and purchases. The wonderful thing she got at this yard sale. The remarkable stuff she dug up at this garage sale. The deal she found on fresh pears. She's very proud of her ability to find really high quality stuff at really low prices. And she should be proud.

Well as soon as Barb had told her about our search for a dresser it took Susan less than 24-hours to find one. I swear. I don't know how she does it.

It was perfect, in good shape, solid wood, five-drawers. Wow!

Saturday Barb's sister Debbie and Susan delivered the dresser. I immediately tried to help get this piece of furniture from car to second-floor of the house, and I was instantly scolded and told to go sit down. I was not allowed to lift a thing.

I got the handtruck out and tried to offer advice, some good, some not so good. I watched Barb, Susan and Debbie lift that thing up the steps and into the spare room. That thing was not light either.

I knew that Barb could throw the muscle around. But I was surprised how Mom was throwing the muscle around too. I mean Susan must be in her early 40's right?

Well at least now I know where Barb gets it from.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah shucks, you're making me blush!

RL Mom