Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Is It Starting Early?

Maybe I'm just imagining things but it seems like the commercial side of Christmas is starting earlier and earlier every year. Is it possible that we will start seeing Christmas ads around Halloween?

I don't want to glaze over my favorite holiday, Thanksgiving. It's all of the family, all of the friends, all of the food, and none of the presents.

I love giving presents. But I give them for no particular reason. I definitely do not wait for a specific day. Ask Barb, I'm famous for giving out presents for no particular reason at all.

There are way too many holidays. The greeting card companies have introduced as many as we'll accept. There's Sweetest Day, Secretaries Day, Boss's Day. November is bringing us "Word Hello Day," and "Cake Day."

Ugh.

When I was very young I remember asking my Dad when "Kids' Day" was. He laughed hard for a good five-minutes. When he saw that my expression was still serious, he gathered himself and said, "Every day is Kids' Day!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your Dad's answer. Too bad kids don't know it.