Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Sounds Good and Bad, Mostly Good

Barb and I were beat last night and went to bed a little early. I only made it until about 9:30 p.m. and then I was up for the rest of the night.

I could tell that I was having one of those "Interferon nights," where the medicine creates chills, and small headaches, and the brain just can't relax and sleep.

Someone warn Freckles, I'm bound for a nap or two today for sure.

I did talk to my Mom last night about my Dad's procedure on Monday. They pulled two-quarts of fluid off the lining of his right lung, and they said that his lung reflated. They did add though that there was blood in the fluid taken away from his lung.

Having his lung reflate is very good news. Hearing about blood is never good news.

They are testing the fluid to determine what it is and where it is coming from. They expect results by Wednesday.

After he was released from the out-patient procedure, my Mom took my Dad to lunch where she said he had a great appetite. Then they both visited the house on the hill and relaxed. When I called to check on things I was surprised and pleased to be able to talk to my Dad a bit.

There's two big phone talkers there! lol But we did have a good conversation and he did sound quite well.

He was due to return to Spang Crest last evening.

I'm due for a nap.

No comments: